ASSOCIATION TRENDS, another division of Columbia Books, is now accepting nominations for the TRENDS 2013 Leading Association Lobbyists. This distinction is meant for an on-staff lobbyist of an association that is eligible to lobby, or a lobbyist who is hired to represent an association, such as a member of a lobbying firm or an independent lobbyist.
Submit your nomination via email to Association TRENDS Managing Editor, Ed Dalere.
Who should be nominated
Any association executive whose job it is to lobby or a lobbyist hired by an association can be nominated. Please note that this is not a distinction for someone who is new to association lobbying.
Past recipients of this distinction include Tom Kuhn, President, Edison Electric Institute; Steven Anderson, CEO, National Association of Chain Drug Stores; and Jim Clarke, Public Policy VP, ASAE.
Who should make nominations
Colleagues, peers, Hill staff, and anyone involved in lobbying.
NO SELF-NOMINATIONS PLEASE.
All nominations are kept confidential. If you wish to be known to the nominee, you must express so in your nomination.
The complete nomination includes:
- Basic info: Name, title, association(s) the lobbyist represents, firm (if applicable), email and phone number.
- Two accomplishments: Please list two clearly identifiable major accomplishments in the past two years, e.g., authored a bill that became law; turned the tide on a measure; assisted in getting a change of policy or regulation that invariably helped the industry.
- Comments: Tell us why you believe your nomination should receive this distinction. Mention character, reputation, activities related to industry, etc. Brevity is best.
- Recommendations: The nomination itself is one recommendation; please include at least one other professional recommendation or a contact to whom we can reach out. Recommendations from the association’s volunteer leadership are welcome but should not be entered in place of a recommendation from a professional peer or colleague. Again, brevity is best.
- Nominations are sent to TRENDS Managing Editor, Ed Dalere: edd@AssociationTRENDS.com
- Finalists are selected from nominations.
- Successful finalists will be notified via email, and will be asked for more information as needed.
- Successful finalists will undergo a brief interview.
Deadline for nominations is Sept. 2, 2013 at 12:00pm Eastern Time.
Nominees will only be notified if they are selected as finalists. Likewise, nominators will only be notified if their nominations are successful.
Successful finalists will be notified via email by Sept. 23, 2013.
Questions? Contact TRENDS Managing Editor, Ed Dalere: edd@AssociationTRENDS.com
Tags: ASAE, Association TRENDS; tom Kuhn, Edison Electric Institute, Jim Clarke, National Association of Chain Drug Stores, Steven Anderson