Lobbying Outside Washington:
Mastering the Differences in State and Federal Compliance
April 26, 2011 2:00-3:30 pm EST
Audioconference- Dial-in from anywhere!
When it comes to lobbying and campaign finance, rules are often more stringent at the state level than at the federal level. Plus, rules for specific activities differ not only from federal to state, but from state to state – and they keep changing rapidly. Learn how to prevent violations before they occur…
Register for Lobbying Outside Washington: Mastering the Differences in State and Federal Compliance. In this vital new audioconference, top state and local lobbying experts reveal “outside Washington” pitfalls. Whether you are new to lobbying or political activities at the state level, or are expanding into multiple states, this practical guidance helps you empower every member of your team to promote your cause without triggering compliance issues or negative publicity.
Listen in to learn hcg diet how to navigate state campaign and lobbying laws, including how to:
- Avoid common – but costly – mistakes at the state level
- Address the regulations that trigger the majority of concerns
- Understand state-to-state differences in filing of activity reports
- Know how differing federal and state definitions of “lobbying” and “political activities” affect compliance
- Ensure compliance when lobbying in multiple states
- Handle data and records to help in the event of an audit
- Correctly classify activities as grassroots lobbying or goodwill building – and how to report them correctly at the state and/or federal level
- Register and report spending/income for lobbying organizations vs. individual lobbyists and even clients
- Comply with the state restrictions on gift and campaign contributions that don’t apply at the federal level Minimize the consequences of violating state rules
- Learn about new and potential state lobbying & ethics law changes
Don’t wait, register today!